Numerous Apple users have taken to social media and online forums to report of a strange issue wherein they are stuck in the middle of an iOS 9 upgrade with slide to upgrade screen not responding.
This has left many users frustrated forcing them to report the problem on Apple forums and taking heed, Apple has announced a workaround which it says should resolve the issue.
Users have been revealing on Apple forums as well as reddit that after a successful upgrade, when the iPad or the iPhone takes users through to the different setup options, they are getting stuck as the slide to upgrade screen. It seems that most of the users who reported the issue were having iOS 7 installed on their iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch and they were trying to upgrade to iOS 9.
The stage when the upgrade gets stuck is as follows: “passcode” (for those who have a passcode set), then “slide to upgrade”, followed by “select Wi-Fi” option and once that is done another “slide to upgrade” prompt shows up. This is when the setup gets stuck for most of the users.
With multiple users complaining about the issue on Apple forums, Cupertino based tech giant has taken heed and issues a workaround that will resolve the issue.
Use these steps:
- Connect your iOS device to a computer that you’ve previously synced with iTunes. Then make sure iTunes is open.
- Select your device. If you don’t see it listed, force restart your device by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- If you made an iTunes backup of your device before updating to iOS 9, restore your device from that backup. If not, you need to make a backup of your device in iTunes, then restore from that backup.
If you still see the Slide to Upgrade screen after completing the steps above:
- Restore your device. If you don’t see your device in iTunes, or your computer won’t trust your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until your device restarts and appears in iTunes. When prompted, choose Restore.
- After the restore is complete, set up your device as new.