Have you been keeping too busy to check on the news lately? Well here is a roundup of all the major events in the tech world since yesterday.
Hackers managed to extract personal details of millions of Snapchat users and hosted the details only temporarily before the site was taken down by the hosting service provider. SnapchatDB.info was the site where the database was hosted and the database was downloadable in either SQL dumps or CSV format with last two digits of the phone numbers censored.
In other hacking related news, Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) managed to gain access to Skype’s social profiles including Facebook and Twitter and its blog. The hacking collective posted anti-Microsoft messages.
The Entertainment Retailers Association announced that Sony has sold over half a million PlayStation 4 consoles and outselling Microsoft’s Xbox One by over 166K units.
Some other news you may have missed:
- Windows XP usage falls below 30 percent as Windows 7, Windows 8 gain more traction
- Tablet optimised version of MediaTek MT8392 octa-core processor spotted
- LG’s WebOS powered TV spotted in leaked image
- User manual leak confirms Windows 8.1 powered Asus VivoTab Note 8 tablet
- Apple denies knowledge about NSA iPhone backdoor, says didn’t work with Agency
- Winamp possibly acquired by online radio firm Radionomy